We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of certain basic personally identifiable information such as names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, and credit card numbers. We do not collect information from individuals unless they provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. We have adopted this Policy to guide how we and our affiliates use such information.
The purpose of this Policy is to balance our legitimate business interests in collecting and using information with the reasonable expectation of privacy which may be held by those providing such information.
It is necessary for us to collect and store information to provide requested member and customer information and related services and for billing purposes. Many state laws require the collection and retention of some or all of such information.
The security of information is very important to us and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. We collect information only in a manner deemed reasonably necessary to serve our legitimate business purposes and comply with our legal obligations. We use commercially reasonable efforts to make our collection of information consistent with all applicable laws and regulations. We exercise care in providing secure transmission and storage of information. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage is 100% secure. We cannot warrant that all data we transmit, store and collect will be completely secure. We take commercially reasonable efforts to create and maintain firewalls, restricted access and secure socket layers, and other appropriate safeguards to ensure that to the extent we control information, it is used only as authorized by us and consistent with this Policy, and that information is not improperly altered or destroyed. Our privacy protection practices help us maintain accurate, timely, complete and relevant information for our business purposes. Our communication system, software and database practices have been designed to aid us in supporting authenticity, integrity and confidentiality.
What we will and will not do with member and customer information:
- We may use information to offer goods and services we believe may be of interest to you on behalf of ourselves, our affiliates and our membership.
- We may use it to contact you to inquire or survey about your experience at one of our conferences, through our Web site, with a staff member/department as well as the prospect of future conference stays or improvements needed to attract additional business.
- We may also create and use aggregate information that is not personally identifiable to understand more about the common traits and interests of our members and customers.
Emails about Special Offers and Promotions and Opt-Out
It is our intention to only send email communications that would be useful to you and that you want to receive. Members, customers and visitors are given the opportunity to “opt-in” to receive electronic promotional communications by selecting the option to receive promotional email from us on our website.
Each time you receive a promotional email, you will be provided the choice to “opt-out” of future emails by following the instructions provided in the email.
- Measure usage of various pages on our website to help us make our information more pertinent to your needs and easy for you to access; and,
- Provide functionality such as online registration and other functionality that we believe would be of interest and value to you.
- Serve advertisements to you, and allow select suppliers of MPI, to serve online advertisements through remarketing channels, this is also known as behavioral advertising.
Compliance with the Law
We may disclose Member Information to law enforcement agencies, or may be required to disclose it during the discovery process in litigation, pursuant to a court order, or in compliance with any applicable law, regulation, rule or ordinance.
Any questions or comments that relate to the IFPTA Privacy Protection Policy may be directed to us at International Forest Products Transport Association, 511 Avenue of the Americas, Suite 368, New York, NY 10011 USA, and [email protected].
Copyright and Trademark Notices
All contents of this website are protected by United States and International Copyright and Trademark law. Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited and may subject a violator to civil and criminal penalties. All rights reserved.